Monday 29 August 2011

And another one gone...

On Saturday afternoon me and my girls decided to be totally unneccessarily indulgent and so we baked chocolate cupcakes...with pieces of chocolate inside...and chocolate butter cream icing on top. Very very sweet. The chocolate we used was the cadbury block that has different types of filling...orange, pineappple, caramel, strawberry and coconut ice..so it was a bit of a surprise in each cupcake. The baking process itself was pretty sweet too...the girls are really into it and there are not enough tasks to keep them both satisfied! We also listened to a bit of classic Bon Jovi and they were singing along to 'Livin' on a prayer'...it doesn't get much sweeter than that.













Meanwhile, Herbert was enjoying a nap in a pot...as you do...




Later in the afternoon we brought out the singstar...the girls particularly like the 80s songs: Heaven is a place on earth, Material Girl, Wake me up before you go.... James even wanted to be Alice Cooper, but it's not that easy. I remember liking that song when I was about her age...strange as that seems. I feel like such a mum at times like these! Before long I'll be telling her about my long walks to school, barefoot through the snow .....





And today I bought Rory a new (to her), totally rad, bike. And she is almost able to ride it herself...it was awesome. Rory was so excited, giggling with nervous hysteria and likening it to a bit of a rocket launch. It was a bit of a workout for me running along with her this afternoon...trying to keep up, and keep yelling 'keep pedalling, keep pedalling!' at the same time...i'm rather unfit! But it was fun. I took some awful first photos of Rad Rory and her Rad bike (hey, i was exhausted by then)...and they don't even begn to convey the full extent of her enthusiasm...or the RADNESS of her bicycle!!





Anyway that's the weekend roundup. I'm pretty much over cupcakes now - it's merely the thrill of piping icing that keeps me hanging in there. Time for some new baking terrain to be explored.
What i'm not over is my bookshelf/ poster wall which I have just completed lately...My walls have been bare for too long and I know it will be awhile before I can spend money on art - or frames - so in the meantime I have chosen some pretty pictures, mostly from Frankie and NO magazines , plus a couple of others..got 2 picture walls going at the moment, still a work in progress, but they bring me much pleasure to the eye...as do all my books...I like to gaze at all the familiar titles and just feel a general comfort in their appearance and the knowledge of the words inside...what a geek. But now i'm a geek with some pretty wall coverings! Lovely...




Next time I will show you 'the hot dog lady'...a family favourite.

xx Harriet


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic weekend you had with your girls, and your picture wall and books look so relaxing, it makes me want to curl up in a cozy corner and read. lovely! Dee

    ReplyDelete